TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Fees are payable in advance. They are not subject to VAT.
2. We regret that payment of fees in instalments is not accepted.
3. Course fees do not include textbooks. Please note that textbook fees cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
4. Students sponsored by their employer must make sure that the Alliance Française de Manchester receives written confirmation from their company stating that the company will be responsible for the payment of fees. An invoice will be issued after presentation of this confirmation.
5. Any existing student wishing to benefit from the early enrolment discount must make the payment before 8:30pm on the deadline date for that session. Submitting a pre-enrolment form via our website alone does not guarantee the discounted price or reserve your place on a course.
6. Tuition fees are refundable only if requested in writing to the Course Director (email@example.com) before the first class of the course. The following charges will apply : £17 if the written request is received more than 10 working days before the course starts, 25% of the total course fee if the request is received after this.
7. Course fees cannot be refunded under any circumstances once the first class of the course has taken place.
8. However, credit notes (valid for two terms) may be issued at management’s discretion up until the third class of the course has taken place. Credit notes must be requested in writing to the Course Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).
9. ‘Class swaps’ to another class of the same level and format are permitted twice per enrolment subject to availability. This must be requested and granted at the reception in advance.
10. No total or partial refund can be granted for classes not attended. The Alliance Française de Manchester cannot accept any responsibility for unforeseen changes in students’ circumstances (family, employment, health, etc.) that may prevent attendance.
11. Course fees will be refunded in full if a course is cancelled or closed due to an insufficient number of students, or for any other reason beyond our control.
12. Unless otherwise specified, our classes are limited to 16 students per class. Only full payment of the enrolment fees reserves your place on a course. Please note that we operate on a first come, first serve policy.
13. Please note that for classes with 5 or 6 students, each class will be reduced by 30 minutes for 3-hour classes and by 15 minutes for 2-hour classes and 1.5 hours classes.
14. A free evaluation/advice service is provided at the Alliance Française de Manchester by appointment to help you decide which course is best for you.
15. Please note that if a course level proves to be inappropriate, transfer to another one is possible only before the third class of the course at the latest, depending on availability.
16. The Alliance Française de Manchester is closed for 2 weeks at Christmas and 1 week at Easter. Classes which fall on Bank Holidays will be rescheduled on another weekday.
17. Enrolment entitles you to free membership of the Alliance Française de Manchester for one year which is effective from the date of enrolment.
18. Our teachers have signed contracts with the Alliance Française de Manchester which do not allow them to teach privately students who have first been introduced by the Alliance. We ask that our students respect this policy.
19. The Alliance Française de Manchester reserves the right to refuse admission.
20. Any complaint or commendation can be made in writing to the Course Director (email@example.com).
21. Payment of the enrolment fees indicates that you agree to the terms and conditions.