GROUP CLASSES – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Fees are payable in advance. They are not subject to VAT.
2. We regret that payment of fees in instalments is not accepted.
3. Course fees do not include textbooks. Please note that textbook purchases cannot be refunded except in the case of a defective book or CD.
4. Students whose course fees will be paid by their employer on invoice should arrange for the Alliance Française de Manchester to receive a PO or an official written confirmation from their company stating that it will be responsible for the payment of fees. An invoice will be issued upon presentation of this confirmation.
5. Any student wishing to benefit from the early enrolment discount must make the payment before 8:30pm on the deadline date for that session. Submitting a pre-enrolment form via our website alone does not guarantee the discounted price or reserve your place on a course.
6. Enrolment fees include free membership to the Alliance Française de Manchester library and cultural centre for one year and one year’s access to the “Zone Etudiant” online portal, both effective from the date of enrolment.
7. Unless otherwise specified, our classes are limited to 16 students per class. Only full payment of the enrolment fees reserves your place on a course. Please note that we operate on a first come, first served basis.
8. A free evaluation service is provided at the Alliance Française de Manchester by appointment to help you decide which course is best for you. We strongly recommend that you follow the advice given and we reserve the right to refuse an enrolment where we believe that a student is enrolling at an inappropriate level.
9. If you feel that your course level is not suitable, transfer to another one is possible only after your tutor has agreed that you should change level and up until the end of the second class of the course at the latest. In this case, you need to arrange the level change with the reception, who will then, subject to availability, confirm the transfer with your teacher.
10. Actual class duration depends on the number of students enrolled as stipulated on our website and/or brochures. Class duration may alter subject to enrolment numbers until the third class of the course, after which it will not change.
11. ‘Class swaps’ to another class of the same level and format are permitted twice per course session, subject to availability. This must be requested and granted at the reception in advance.
12. The Alliance Française de Manchester is closed for 2 weeks at Christmas and 1 week at Easter. Classes which fall on Bank Holidays will be rescheduled on another weekday.
13. If a teacher is unable to attend a class due to illness or personal circumstances, we will always do our best to allocate a substitute at the original class time. Where this is not possible, we reserve the right to reschedule the class to another time.
REFUND REQUESTS AND CREDIT NOTES
14. Students are advised to examine their personal commitments before enrolling. Tuition fees are refundable only if requested in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 working days before the day of the first class of the course. The following charges will apply: 25% of the total course fee if the written request is received more than 6 working days before the course starts, 50% if the request is received after this.
15. Credit notes for the full course fee (valid for the following two sessions only) may be issued at management’s discretion if requested in writing and sent to email@example.com at least 3 working days before the day of the first class of the course.
16. No total or partial refund can be granted for classes not attended or in the case where a student wishes to stop mid-way through a course session. The Alliance Française de Manchester cannot accept any responsibility for unforeseen changes in students’ circumstances (family, employment, health, etc.) that may prevent attendance.
17. Course fees will be refunded in full if a course is cancelled or closed due to an insufficient number of students.
18. Our teachers have signed contracts with the Alliance Française de Manchester which do not allow them to teach privately students who have first been introduced by the Alliance. We ask that our students respect this policy.
19. The Alliance Française de Manchester reserves the right to refuse an enrolment or to revoke an enrolment without refund in the event of non-respect of our Code of Conduct (available on the website and at the reception).
20. Any person who is expelled shall have the right of appeal BUT the notice of appeal:
a) shall be in writing and shall be delivered by either recorded delivery post or electronic mail and either case addressed to the Managing Director at the Alliance Française de Manchester within seven days of the expulsion;
b) shall set out the grounds on which the appeal is based.
The notice and the ground will be considered by two members of the Board within seven days of receipt and their decision notified within seven days thereafter. Such decision shall be final.
21 The Alliance Française de Manchester reserves the right to refuse or revoke an enrolment where false information has been provided by the client.
22. In the unlikely event of an incident beyond our control (“a force majeure event”) which forces closure of the Alliance Française de Manchester, we reserve the right to cancel any courses scheduled for the days concerned, without refund. A force majeure event includes any acts, events, non-occurrence, omission or accident beyond the reasonable control of Alliance Française de Manchester and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
- Strikes, lockouts or other industrial action
- Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threatened terrorist attack (whether declared or not), threat or preparation for war
- Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster
- Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport
- Road closures or disruptions preventing access to the Alliance Française de Manchester premises
- Impossibility of the use of the public or private telecommunications networks
- A recommendation by the relevant authority such as the Met Office, emergency services or local authorities
- Any injunction against Alliance Française de Manchester
To the extent that it is possible, such cancellations will be advertised on the Alliance Française de Manchester website or otherwise communicated to the students concerned.
23. Students are responsible for their own property while on the premises. The Alliance Française de Manchester cannot take responsibility for any loss or damage to personal effects.
24. Any complaint or commendation can be made in writing to the Course Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).
25. Payment of the enrolment fees indicates that you agree to the terms and conditions in force at time of payment; we invite you to read these carefully as they may have changed since your last enrolment.
Revised : 11/12/2018